[ct-user] CT sensing/polling the radio

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT sensing/polling the radio
From: Mike Walker <mwalker@geronimo.legato.com> (Mike Walker)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 08:55:25 -0400
Hi Bill

I've had that problem before, but I think it was specific to different
versions of CT.  Do you have a version that works?  If so, then we can
eliminate the hardware.  If I remember correctly, the 850 doesn't have any
settings on it for the communication flow (other than it is hardware).

The only other thing I can thing of is try another serial port.  I ripped
my hair out (what's left of it) one day trying to debug the same thing,
only to find out the serial port was flaky.

So, based on that, try another serial port.  Maybe one that uses an 8250
instead of a 16550 UART chip.  You may have to dig an old one out of a junk
box.

73...mike

At 08:34 PM 18/06/98 , Bill Bennett N7DZ wrote:

>Already using -rts
>Interface is the "genuine" Kenwood
>ct version 9.37
>
>I have a vague memory of reading about polling used to be on by default
>and now is off by default. But can't find where I read that. Do you have
>to turn on CT polling of radio somewhere?
>
>Bill N7DZ

Mike Walker VA3MW
Corbeil Contest Club