[ct-user] DVP Questions

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] DVP Questions
From: kb3aug@juno.com (Bill Hinkle) (Bill Hinkle)
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 22:21:55 -0400
Hello All,
                  I never thought I would get rid of my old trusty
386SX-16 Ham puter but, I picked up a 486DX4-100 with Windows 95 on it
for almost nothing. I want to have Cluster and rig control along with a
DVP card. Do I need a comport for the card? I have a bus mouse in my old
machine that I was able to get to work with the 486 but, I couldn't get
the computer to talk to the TNC, even on com 1(after I took the serial
mouse out) , but the serial mouse worked fine before and after???. I
couldn't get com 2 working as, I don't have the paper work for the
controller card, so I think I'll have to pick up a new one. What I'm
getting at is, do I need more then 2 serial ports? If so, what card
should I buy? The motherboard has VLB slots.
                Thanks for your help.
                                                               73, Bill
KB3AUG

Riverton, WV

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]