[ct-user] Field Day and 9.37

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Field Day and 9.37
From: n4vhk@summitschool.com (Henry Heidtmann) (Henry Heidtmann)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 12:42:16 -0400 (EDT)
        Ken,
        Just wanted to let you know how much we appreciated adding Field Day
to CT. We operated 1A from NC, and probably got about 5 new contesters as a
result of being able to use CT for FD. They were impressed with all the
functions, and I think I only saw a couple of little bugs- like like wouldnt
take 32a as a report(big deal...) and it would note a band change violation
if we worked 6 meters while holding the HF station up (again, no
problem...). It certainly makes for an easy log submission rather than
sending in all those ARRL dupe sheets!
        We had an hf station and a VHF Station, networked 2 laptops and a
486 PC(for visitors to view), all in DOS, and had ZERO difference between
the 3 logs at the end. Not one network glitch, no freeze ups, no "bad
checksum" messages.
I even ran the W9XT keyer card for cw and voice without a hitch. All of this
while running rates of 120 at times.

        Most of the guys in our club dont participate in contests. They saw
us this weekend, and are already talking about a monster 5A setup next year!
They even wanna buy more contesting type gear (band pass filters, good
headsets, etc.) 2 meter types wanting to HF contest---Its a miracle!

        Thanks again for your efforts, no complaints here.

        73,
        Henry Heidtmann, N4VHK
        W4NC/W4WS Contesting
        Winston-Salem, NC

        PS- OK, 1 suggestion...How bout a template for NAQP?? ;-)