[ct-user] Re: your mail

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Re: your mail
From: Jim Pratt <n6ig@netcom.com> (Jim Pratt)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 19:39:00 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Bob Selbrede wrote:

> Multi-Multi setup.  If radio A is in the process of sending QSO number, say
> #123, to a station; what happens if radio B is also doing the same thing at
> the same time since both computers will show that the last QSO was #122?
> Can this be handled with an option I need to use in the software setup or do

What happens is the first person who "enters" (logs) the QSO gets the
serial number, and the other person stumbles around on the radio and says
"er...K6ZZ, make that 123, not 122".  No way to fix this, no option to
set, other than to log the QSO with "dummy information" and then go back
and edit the QSO with the REAL info.

Make sure to "fix" the information in the dummy-logged QSOs.  This
problem has driven me nuts for years in operating SS with two networked
computers.  I discussed this at length with K1EA at Dayton this year, he
mentioned a "serial number reservation scheme" I had high hopes of being
implemented to fix this for CQP, SS, WPX, etc.  Unfortunately, no such
fix has come thus far.  Oh well...

I suggest a note from you to K1EA mentioning your need for this upgrade
as well.

Good luck and 73!

73, Jim  N6IG