[ct-user] Doubt in multi-op operations

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Doubt in multi-op operations
From: David Robbins <k1ttt@berkshire.net> (David Robbins)
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 15:55:45 +0000
using ct in m/s contests with networked computers with single sets
of serial numbers is not easy.  you have to be very careful of the
sequence of operations to avoid messing up the serial numbers.  its
been a while since we did this, but if i remember the requirements
are something like this:

1. you must use insert key to send report, when you do that you update
the other computers so they know you got the serial number.
2. you can not wipe the contact after you hit insert, you must log it.
3. if a computer crashes you have to stop all machines, copy a good
log to each one and start them all together.
4. you can not use utilities after the contest to remove dupes or
remove your own call for errors as this will mess up the numbers.

also, the numbers that scroll up in the log window may not be right.

note:  when doing m/m in serial number contests ct does it properly by
assigning a separate set of numbers to each band... much easier!

--
David Robbins K1TTT (ex KY1H)
k1ttt@berkshire.net   or   robbins@berkshire.net