[ct-user] Re: DVP & Windows95

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Re: DVP & Windows95
From: Jim Reisert <ad1c@contesting.com> (Jim Reisert)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 06:59:52 -0400
NA2NA asked me:

> I know you were working/serching for a Ram Drive for Win95  and the DVP
> Card.  Did you come up with an answer?

No.  Everything I found only worked when you were still running
Windows.  In fact, when I rebooted Win95 back to DOS, even the disk
cache was NOT turned on by default. I modified my CT.BAT file to run
'smartdrv' as the first thing and it worked OK.  I was using a P166,
and didn't find that actually having a RAM drive was really needed.  I
was only using the standard half-dozen voice memories, no individual
letters or letter pairs, or recording to disk.

- Jim AD1C