[ct-user] ct this weekend

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] ct this weekend
From: Mike Walker <mwalker@legato.com> (Mike Walker)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 12:52:17 -0500
We ran CT 9.36 in M/S, Nettsr, Packet, DVP, an IC-756 (configured as an IC-775
x'46') and a TS-850.  Both rigs had home brew TTL/RS-232 interfaces with them.

No real problems other than each computer would hang at some random time.
These where 486's with 8 megs in them.  The hangs where consistent with dialing
the vfo (more often than not).

Problem could be related to the high RF levels and the Packet Drivers or
Network Cards (one was a 3COM 3C509 and the other was an SMC if I remember
correctly).  We ran an 8 port hub with a Laptop connected as well.  This
allowed us to use the laptop as a live backup and to also check rates and
things without disturbing the operators.

BTW, the IC-756 configured as an IC-775 works fine (just set the hex address in
the setup to x'46' on the IC-756).  Splits work and if you make the sub band
the active band, you can point and shoot something in the cluster and it will
change the sub band frequency.  Great for running and doing multipliers at the
same time.

Now, too bad the audio on the 756 was split in each ear like the FT-1000's.
Then I would have a better idea of what I was listening to.

Mike

Mike Walker VA3MW
Corbeil Contest Club
http://www.qrz.com/wrad/directory.cgi?VA3MW