[ct-user] Ethernet driver for CT

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Ethernet driver for CT
From: Lehtimaki, Kari" <Kari.Lehtimaki@wang.com (Lehtimaki, Kari)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 08:08:33 +0100

This might be of interest to some of you.

We tested a virtual packet driver during CQWW SSB. Worked without any
problems in Win95 MS-DOS window (did not test sending cw ...). Cold run
other programs like audio recording and grayline map at the same time in
this workstation. We got a few - I think close to 10 - crashes during the 48
hours in other workstations in total. Not a single one on this Win95 PC. The
error message indicated that the problem was coming from the nettsr, but can
not say for sure. I'll try to take the error message down next time ...  We
had 10 PC's connected to the network in total. Our network setup can be seen
here www.netlife.fi/users/oh1jt/oh2he
<http://www.netlife.fi/users/oh1jt/oh2he>  - look in the station tour page.

Here is the source for this virtual packet driver. After installing it you
can load nettsr in MS-DOS windows and start using CT with Ethernet
connection in Win95. Or at least it worked for us ...

Home page
http://www.danlan.com <http://www.danlan.com>

Virtual packet drivers for ndis 3
README for ndis3pkt
<ftp://ftp.danlan.com/ftp.danlan.com/pd_shims/ndis3pkt/README> ,
ndis3pkt.zip
<ftp://ftp.danlan.com/ftp.danlan.com/pd_shims/ndis3pkt/ndis3pkt.zip>

73's de

Kari, OH2XX

A member of the team OH2U - "OH to You!"
a.k.a OH2HE