[ct-user] Eithernet Networking

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Eithernet Networking
From: Smith, Dave" <DRS6@pge.com (Smith, Dave)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 09:51:09 -0800
Friends,

I have tried (unsuccessfully) to set up three computers using eithernet
(thinnet and can't get any of the three computers to talk to each other. I'm
asking for help. Here's what I've done so far:

1) installed the NIC's in each of the three computers.
2) boot to dos so each computer is running in pure dos environment
2) installed and run the packet program for the cards. In my case the
program was called PNPPD.COM. It looks like it initializes the card. So far
so good.
3) replaced the COMTSR5 with K1TTT's ethernet driver
4) Set up com 5 for the network option.
5) start CT Version 9.27,

When running CT, I get a "COMTSR5" lot loaded" error and no networking takes
place. What am I over looking or doing wrong?

Any ideas or help with getting this going?

Thanks,

Dave / W6TE