[ct-user] Solution - CW from serial port for IBM Thinkpad

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Solution - CW from serial port for IBM Thinkpad
From: Billohm@aol.com (Billohm@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 21:19:19 EST
Many thanks for the suggestions to my CW keying problem.

The solution required going into the "IBM ThinkPad Features" program,
selecting the icon for the serial port, then disabling the default setting of
COM1 (driving an external infrared device), and enabling COM2.

My earlier attempts to disable COM1/enable COM2 under Windows 95 worked only
in Windows applications.  Booting in DOS mode, required for running CT, lost
this setting.  The "ThinkPad Features" procedure works for both Windows and
DOS modes.

73, Bill W1OHM