[ct-user] Move the SS Prec to Number field?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Move the SS Prec to Number field?
From: Jim Pratt <n6ig@netcom.com> (Jim Pratt)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:15:18 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Fred Hopengarten wrote:

> >Why not move the SS prec to the tail end of the number field? Delete
> >the Prec field.
> >
> > Brian/K3KO
>
> K1VR:  Makes sense to me.  At the moment, most stations give you the
> number as if it is one item any way.  "Your number is two forty seven
> bravo."
>
> I would eliminate the default precedence and save the tab to get into
> that field.

You rarely have to "tab" to that field anyway.  I agree it should remain
a default "A" since that is what most people are, that saves ever having
to go to that field.  Having to type in 2000 "A"s during phone SS as
opposed to having to type 300 "B"s seems like a net loss in operator
convenience.

To discuss putting it at the end of a field opens a new can of worms.
Either leave it like it is, OR change it to an entirely free-form type of
data entry like TR is, with the data typed in in any order.  I vote for
the (repaired) status quo...

Jim  N6IG