[ct-user] V9.39

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] V9.39
From: Hans Brakob <k0hb@juno.com> (Hans Brakob)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:08:46 -0600
On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 21:14:49 +0000 alsopb <alsopb@gloryroad.net> writes:

>I simply don't understand the 7 hour problem when converting the BIN
>file to other formats.  The WRITEARRL command gives the correct time,
>the B2R9 gives the correct time.  However, a direct conversion by
>LOG-EQF of the file has the infamous 7 hour time difference.

ATTN: K1EA -- Please fix this!

Importing the .BIN file to Hyperlog used to work just fine.  In
recent versions (9.3x) everything imports 7 hours off.  In a word,
that sucks.

[Note from list owner:  This is not K1EA's fault.  He can do whatever
 he wants with the time format internal to the .BIN file.  He has
 already fixed B2R9 to deal with the problem. But some logging
 software authors look at the .BIN file directly instead of the .RES
 file. They have to fix their logging software to deal with the problem.
 The time change is documented in the CT release notes starting with
 9.34.  The CT to ADIF conversion on the CT web site already takes
 care of this change.  That is the format many of these programs are
 going to anyway.  In summary, contact your logging software author,
 there is nothing for Ken to "fix".]

73, Hans, K0HB