[ct-user] CT9.39

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT9.39
From: Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 23:23:03 -0500
>I had a lot of problems with the BM - it seemed to retain "focus" even
>though I thought I had left the window.

>Anyone care to comment - all thoughts welcome.

I've had problems with the band map ever since it was introduced, but it's
been very hard to pinpoint exactly what sequence causes the difficulties.
Sometimes it seems to work as advertised and other times it does unexpected
things. That's one reason I don't use it any more (the other reason is that
I've moved from assisted to unassisted.) As I recall, there was one sequence
that would pop me back to the wrong VFO setting and destroy the previously
logged QSO. I'd have to re-enter the QSO from memory. That one was
devastating. I think this feature needs more testing before it can be used
safely under contest conditions.

73, Dick, WC1M