[ct-user] Rotor control problem

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Rotor control problem
From: 00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu (00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu)
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 14:10:33 -0500 (EST)
After a bit of futzing around a couple of weeks ago (with the help of
the reflector here) I got CT939 to control my Orion 2800.  But now it
doesn't work right!  I load COMTSR1, run CT, enter "45" in the callsign
field and hit CTRL-F10.  At the bottom of CT it says "Rotor 1 to 11522 degrees"
where it used to say "Rotor 1 to 45 degrees" and turns to something other
than 45 degrees (where it turns depends upon where it starts).  If I
enter "DL" in the callsign field and hit CTRL-F10, ,
,

I get "Domain error in acos" entered in the callsign field immediately
after "DL" and the computer locks up - won't even recongnize the
three finger salute.  The rotor still can be controlled by my Telix
communications package via com1 perfectly, so I don't think it's a computer
problem.

BTW, the wierd direction varies with the heading entered; for example,
30 gave 122892 degrees, 31 gave 126988 degrees and 32 gave 8194 degrees.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9
00tlzivney@bsuvc.bsu.edu