[ct-user] CT with TS-870 info wanted

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT with TS-870 info wanted
From: Tod Olson-MN" <tao@skypoint.com (Tod Olson-MN)
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 10:59:40 -0500
Since my last inquiry produced such quick results I will try again.

I have attempted to use my laptop with CT to control my TS-870 for a
contest. I do not seem to be able to get the program to read out the
frequency of the radio VFO, nor do I seem to be able to insert frequencies
into the VFO or to change bands and mode using the CT command. The program
says, "Kenwood radio not responding" (I think that was the message). The
TS-870 is not listed as one of the supported Kenwood radios, but as far as I
know has a command structure that is similar to, but more extensive than,
the TS-950.

I am able to control my TS-950SDX with the same laptop and the same program
with the same settings.

I wonder if anyone has tried using the TS-870 and CT. Were they sucessful?
If so, what settings were used? (here I am referring to COMTSR settings as
well as program settings). Is there material in the CT archives that deals
with this?

Again, any comments or suggestions would be welcome.

Tod Olson. K0TO