[ct-user] 9.40 crashes display

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] 9.40 crashes display
From: Brian McGinness <n3oc@wirelessinc.com> (Brian McGinness)
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 20:58:42 -0300
I just tried 9.40 for the first time, and it wipes out the display
each time, nothing but hyroglyphics when I start CT.  Even when
I get it back to the command prompt, the display is still trashed.
An old fashioned "mode co80" returns my display to normal.

9.39 does not do this, works fine.  Just 9.40 and who knows
about 9.41?

I do have ansi.sys loaded.

My display adapter is a PCI Trident 9680 chipset SVGA.

Never had a problem like this one before, any ideas out there?

73, Brian N3OC