[ct-user] CT / DVP under Win98

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT / DVP under Win98
From: Randy White" <Randy.White@worldnet.att.net (Randy White)
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:47:41 -0700
Hi Will,

You have asked for something that I think we would all like to have, CT
running under Windows!  After watching this group for several months now, I
have been able to determine that CT really needs to be run under a pure DOS
environment.  While I run my everyday logging under Logic5, for contesting I
have set up a separate PC with just DOS.  I know, not everyone has the
luxury of a spare PC, but I picked up an old 486 for a few bucks and
incorporated it into my system.  I've looked at or bought CT, TR, DX4Win,
Logic5, and a few other shareware programs along the way.  For contesting,
CT is still the easiest to use.

I know that a few of you have been creative in getting CT to execute under a
MS-DOS shell but I haven't been fully successful in doing so.  Maybe it is
time for everyone to contribute a piece on how they have worked through the
difficult process of having both CT and Windows9x running on the same
machine.

73's de AD6GG, Randy