[ct-user] Nettsr with newer windows versions

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Nettsr with newer windows versions
From: David Robbins <k1ttt@berkshire.net> (David Robbins)
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 23:25:43 +0000
I finally found out why some people trying to use my nettsr under
windows haven't been able to get it working.  I had been sending anyone
that asked a copy of a freeware program called ndis3pkt.  This program
provides a virtual packet driver that can be used by the nettsr from a
dos window in windows 95.  unfortunately in win98 and if you install the
winsock 2.0 update for win95 this driver no longer works.  if the
product version in your ndis.vxd file is 4.0.1111 this is most likely
why it doesn't work for you.

There is however a fix.  At the site http://www.danlan.com/ there is an
update (version 2.4) available that does work... unfortunately the
author is now charging for it so i can't just send you all copies.  it
is very reasonable, only US$15.  you can download a demo version that
has will only send and receive a limited number of packets to test it
out from the web site.  the demo also comes with the ordering
instructions for the full licensed version.

--
David Robbins K1TTT (ex KY1H)
k1ttt@berkshire.net   or   robbins@berkshire.net