[ct-user] CT944 (beta)

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT944 (beta)
From: Charles W. Shaw" <n5ul@wtaccess.com (Charles W. Shaw)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 21:19:20 +0000
Hello All,

        I have been checking 944 I just downloaded for November SWEEPSTAKES.
Setup is MS-DOS6.22, 486DX66 to OMNI-VI (telling CT that it is running an
IC781, like I have always--using CT9.27).

IT WORKS, but:
        l.  The output file N5UL.LOG is not in Cabrillo Format.
        2.  The output file N5UL.TXT looks like part of Cabrillo
                Format--BUT, Does Not Include ANY of the log entries.
        3.  Band changes from the OMNI are all FB, but from the
                computer are (like it has always been for me using
                9.27) totally unreliable, though they occasionally work.
                But, as Clark Gable said, "Frankly, my Dear, I don't ---."
        4.  Frequency changes keyed from the computer are like band
                changes from the computer.  Usually the screen finally says
                "Radio Not Echoing" but shows in the bandmap display as
                changed--until you move the VFO, then that goes back to the
                actual radio frequency.  See Clark Gable, above.

Numbers 3. and 4. seem to be a function of this station setup/radio.
I hope this is of some use to Ken and others.  I LIKE this program!

73,
Charles - N5UL