[ct-user] CT & WIN95/98 Revisited again & again & again

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT & WIN95/98 Revisited again & again & again
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu> (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 20:01:12 -0400
I beg to differ. This is NOT a supported configuration. CT requires
ABSOLUTE access to the system hardware - it must run in REAL TIME without
interruption.  We don't want people complaining that CT runs improperly or
they lost their logs in the middle of the contest. That's why we say EXIT
TO A DOS WINDOW BEFORE RUNNING CT.  This is the only configuration which we
will support.

Myself, I get sporadic access to packet and radio control when I run CT as
you suggest. It works fine when I shut down to a DOS prompt
first.  Apparently I'm not the only one!

Bottom line, it's not supported. If you lose your log during the contest,
don't blame the developers, distributors or support staff because you ran
CT in an unsupported manner.  We won't answer questions about it.  We won't
tell anyone to do it.

Have I said this enough times?

73 - Jim AD1C

--