[ct-user] CT945WIN

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT945WIN
From: Rich Bingham <rbingham@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu> (Rich Bingham)
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 08:12:06 -0500
Group:

For what it's worth.  I downloaded and installed CT945Win on several of my
systems.  This is what I can report concerning my experience.  CT945Win
installs and runs very well under Windows NT 4.0.  It likewise installs and
runs very well under Windows 2000, release candidate 2.  Please note, since
I don't have a high performance HF rig, I cannot attest to the interface
qualities at this point--ie., rig control from within the new version.

Interestingly enough, I did find that the package would <not> run under
Windows 95.  It installs properly, but when the application is launched, it
crabs about a missling .dll file--WS2_32.dll.  I "borrowed" one from my NT
system on a hunch--definitely not recommended, but sometimes, sometimes,
this dodge will work in a pinch.  When relaunched the application then
asked for another .dll file--WS2_HELP.dll.  It also gave indications that
it was looking for a version of these files that is OS specific, so I
decided not to move additional files across and ended my test at that point.

I think we may be on to something with the new version of CT, but it's
still not quite ready.  Hopefully, soon, very soon...

                                        Richard Bingham, MCP
                                        Computing Consultant
                                        Desktop Systems Team
                                        Information Technology Services