[ct-user] CT 9.45 & 9.39 with Icom 765 - radio not echoing

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT 9.45 & 9.39 with Icom 765 - radio not echoing
From: George Steinert" <n6zs@ix.netcom.com (George Steinert)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 01:10:56 -0800
I just installed the ver 9.45 upgrade on a new Pentium III 500 MHz
with 128 MB ram running Windows 98.  I have double checked all the
interrupt settings, port addresses, and run the comtsr's. The TNC
is on COM1 and works fine.  The Icom 765 is on COM4 and is
completely unresponsive to CT and vice-versa.  For example,
when entering a frequency on CT, the only response is a "radio
not echoing" message.

The rig interface works perfectly on the same computer running
LOGic for Windows so I know the rig is working, the computer is
capable of talking to the radio, and the cable is okay.  It just doesn't
work with either CT ver 9.45 or ver 9.39.

I tried it in a DOS Window and also tried it booting to DOS using
the TWEAKUI stuff.  Nothing makes any difference.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

George, N6ZS