[ct-user] SS + 9.46.002

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] SS + 9.46.002
From: David Robbins <k1ttt@berkshire.net> (David Robbins)
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 20:42:16 -0500
this is a common problem with networked ct for ss and other contests
where serial numbers are shared across bands.  you must work in exactly
the right sequence or the numbers get out of sync.  i think we worked it
out once that you must use the insert key to send the report and once
you send it you must log the qso.  you can not wipe it or they will be
out of sync.  another basic problem is that ct does not save the serial
number in the .bin file, the serial numbers are created on the fly from
the order of the qso's in the file.  so you can not do fix_mine on any
contest with serial numbers or they will be out of sync.  I think we
made it about an hour one time trying to do m/s ss with networked
computers before they were messed up, and its almost impossible to fix
later without lots of manual editing.

Dallas Carter wrote:

> Yes the bin file is hosed too, also the ASCII log files.  73  Dallas W3PP

David Robbins K1TTT (ex KY1H)
k1ttt@berkshire.net   or   robbins@berkshire.net
http://www.berkshire.net/~robbins/k1ttt.html