[ct-user] FT-1000D Monitor Audio

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] FT-1000D Monitor Audio
From: Bruce Lallathin <aa8u@modempool.com> (Bruce Lallathin)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:15:45 +0000
I use an FT-1000D with the IF-232 connected to my PC running CT 9.43 and the
K1EA DVP card.

When the contest logging program sends an Fkey voice message memory to the
radio it keys up and sends it as expected. but.... I have to put the radio
in VOX mode to hear a sample of the audio in my headset. The same thing
occurs when running WriteLog 10.11 so I don't think this is a software
issue. The monitor audio from the live headset mic does get sampled when I
use VOX or the footswitch to key the radio. It seems like the ptt my
footswitch toggles isn't exactly the same as the ptt the computer is toggling.

The FT-1000D is my "station2". My "station1" is similarly setup with a
Kenwood TS-950SD. The Kenwood will put a sample of the transmitted audio in
the headset even if the VOX mode isn't selected.

I would use the FT-1000D more often in SSB contests IF I could get the
monitor audio without having to resort to using VOX. In a multi/single
operating enviornment there is too much shack noise for VOX.

So I would like to figure out how to get the FT-1000D to act like the
Kenwood when it comes to the monitor audio feature.

Oh, this is the way the Yeasu has acted for several years, since first
installed I think so I don't think it is due to some malfunction.

Anyone else notice this monitor audio behavior?

73,
Bruce
AA8U