[ct-user] CT4Win 9.46.005 problem during CQWW

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT4Win 9.46.005 problem during CQWW
From: Marcus Busch [DL1EKC]" <dl1ekc@AddCom.de (Marcus Busch [DL1EKC])
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 18:49:25 +0100
Dear Friends,

I participated in CQWW last weekend and used CT9.46.005 for logging.

The first 24h (roughly) worked very well with CT, but on the second day (on
the 1000+ QSO) CT suddenly seemed to be crashed. After pulling off my
headphones I heard a very strange sound out of my notebook. I learned that
this sound came from the harddisk. The head was seeking forth and back
against the chassis again and again and I was sure that I just was loosing my
harddisk (and its data) forever.

I found out, that CT was consuming 100% of the processor power (was really
hard to launch the TaskManager). As it took too much time to drive WinNT down
(CT was crashing my harddisk again and again) I just switched of the
computer.

Good luck! Only the last QSO was lost (which I could remember) and after
cooling down myself (heart was running like in marathon run hi) I continued
the contest without any more problems.

Did this happen to anyone else, too ?

Is there a special harddisk handling in CT (with dirty tricks possibly) ?

Some information about the computer:

Intel Celeron 333 MHz Notebook
96 MB RAM
OS: WinNT4, Service Pack 5

CT was running with RIG control (Knwd TS-950)

VY 73 de Marcus, DL1EKC