[ct-user] Dos Drivers for IBM "I" notebook PC fornetworking for CT

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Dos Drivers for IBM "I" notebook PC fornetworking for CT
From: Hank Kohl K8DD <k8dd@arrl.net> (Hank Kohl K8DD)
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 20:07:08 -0500
I agree....Parallel port network adapters.  Xircom model PE series should
work well assuming you can find packet drivers.  I have had real good
luck with Xircom products and their phone tech support.  As I remember,
my PE Pocket adapter is strictly 10Meg and coax only, so you would need
the associated hardware - tee's and terminators.

Of course with a parallel ethernet adaptor you will lose parallel port
keying.

I'm not familiar with the IBM series, but it might be worth a try to find
Cardsoft drivers and load them under DOS.

Good luck with that and good luck in the contest next weekend.

Hank    K8DD    portable C6A starting Tuesday