[ct-user] Getting DX spots from Internet / Telnet?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Getting DX spots from Internet / Telnet?
From: Tony <ad6id@arrl.net> (Tony)
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 10:27:52 -0800
Hi Jim & the group,

   I tried the telnet part of W4AN's article. I was able to run telnet on
my PC ("telnet cluster.akorn.net" as a run command) and connect directly to
the packet cluster. You should not need to run telnet on one of your ISP's
machines (shell account). The DX spot data coming thru the port is the same
as if you were running telnet on the ISP's machine. Am I missing something
here???
   I'll try the rest of the experiment soon.

Meanwhile, other thoughts?

73, Tony