[ct-user] DVP recordings

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] DVP recordings
From: Gilmer, Mike" <mgilmer@gnlp.com (Gilmer, Mike)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 17:04:42 -0500
I played around with the DVP through CT last night in an attempt to learn
more of its capabilities.
A couple of observations/questions arose.

1. How many contesters actually use the rather powerful capabilities the DVP
has for sending "the other guy's call"?

In other words, have you bothered to record more than F1-F7?  How effective
was it?

2. Can anyone explain the rather cryptic file structure for storing these
letter/number recordings?
CT created a directory called DVP/N2MG and put under it only the
single-letter/number entries I made.
For the two dozen or so two-letter/three-letter combinations I made as an
experiment, CT put them directly in the DVP directory.  I can imagine, then,
that OPON and OPOFF would have no effect. Is this true?

I thought it would be possible to record the snippets under one's own call
and theoretically be able to "transport" these (yeah, a ZIP disk!) to other
computers.  If all files were under the DVP/N2MG directory, this might be
true, but as it stands now, it appears that the two-letter (and up) combos
are in a sort of "shared" directory.

73
Mike N2MG