[ct-user] Something Burning?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Something Burning?
From: Bob Naumann - N5NJ" <n5nj@gte.net (Bob Naumann - N5NJ)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 13:57:29 -0000
This would work Ed, but just the period key does radio 1/2 switching
now.  This is the problem.

If you needed the Alt key with the period, this would not be a
problem.  Also, when you're actually using two radios, this is not a
problem as you'll switch to the other radio every time you do this by
mistake and it becomes very obvious what you've done.

This occurred most often at our station when trying to qsy via the
keyboard entering the period in the frequency i.e.; 14150.7 etc.  This
shifts the computer into "radio 2" and who-knows-what shows up on the
callsign entry field and the radio goes to 20 meters and of course,
the operators did not understand why this happened.

The change of the "1" to a "2" in the RADIO 1 / RADIO 2 display box is
not very noticeable.  Perhaps if the Radio 2 box displayed to the
right of the clock instead of the left in the same position as Radio
1?  The movement would catch your eye for sure.

I'd like to be able to select alt-period to do two radio switching or
preferably the program should ignore presses of the period key if
there is only 1 radio.

CT should not be in radio-1 or radio-2 modes if there's only one
radio.  In other words, the display of radio 1 or radio 2 is useless
if you only have one radio.

The radio 1 display also confused some of the operators thinking that
the Station number was set the same on both computers in our
multi-single two computer setup.

Robert E. Naumann
N5NJ / V26O
N5NJ@arrl.net