[ct-user] Bad VFO-B data

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Bad VFO-B data
From: Gilmer, Mike" <mgilmer@gnlp.com (Gilmer, Mike)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 10:15:49 -0500
I made an observation last week that linked "non-standard" splits on DX
packet spots as the cause for some bizarre VFO-B settings in my TS-940.
While this is true, all BandMap-loading (yeah, we've been here before, hi)
of the log (even spots without any QSX info) often screws up VFO-B.  It's
only the MORE bizarre frequencies that come from the spot's time-stamp (like
0239kHz).

The much-maligned BandMap is a great feature - and I've learned to avoid
most of its pitfalls.  If someone "in the know" tells me that the BandMap is
getting a make-over in a new version, or will NEVER be "fixed", I'll stop
"picking" on it.  Or maybe I'll just stop anyway. :)

73
Mike N2MG