[ct-user] RE: [CQ-Contest] What's BUSTED ?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] RE: [CQ-Contest] What's BUSTED ?
From: Gilmer, Mike" <mgilmer@gnlp.com (Gilmer, Mike)
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 10:24:42 -0500
> I think the problem exists with some contesting software. Say someone
> spots BD2X, which would be a new multiplier -- so it shows up in the
> packet window. Someone else correctly spots 6D2X, who you've already
> worked on that band. Since you've already worked, the corrected spot
> doesn't appear, since the software filters it out.
>
> However, if someone spots BD2XBUSTED, the software interprets it
> similarly to BD2X, and displays it.

This is what I remember happening in CT.  CT has two point-and-shoot
windows: the "Bandmap" and the "PacketCluster(tm) Callout" (aka Announce).
I used them both a LOT and found their differing personalities interesting.

If I can recall correctly, the bandmap purges "older" spots on (nearly) the
same frequency.  The "Announce" window will not.  If this is true, perhaps
we can get Ken to "fix" that.

This might eliminate the "need" for the controversial "BUSTED" spots.

Mike
N2MG