[ct-user] bug report CT and IOTA

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] bug report CT and IOTA
From: John Innes" <john.innes@btinternet.com (John Innes)
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 15:50:36 -0000
I posted this to the mailing list a while ago but I have not seen a response
so I thought I?d try again?

I bought CT for use in the up-coming IOTA contest where we want to use the
networking facilities.
The program and the network seem to be working OK but I?ve noticed that when
a contact is logged which does not have an IOTA reference (of which there
will be hundreds during IOTA) the remote computer does not get the correct
information.
The contact is logged on the remote computer with the last two digits of the
time field in the serial received field and the serial in the IOTA ref
field, I presume that this is simply an error in reading the string when
there is no IOTA reference present.
I would be grateful if you could give this your attention as IOTA is rushing
up on us.

Our group would like to add some items concerning IOTA to the wishlist for
the program, these are not essential but are desirable.
Autofill the REF field with the continent from the country file and/or
validate it to prevent the wrong continent being entered in error Allow
entering EU5 but store it at EU005 for consistency
Fill in the IOTA ref field with the ref from a contact on a previous band

I?m sure much of this is already implemented in other contests but not yet
in IOTA.

I look forward to hearing from you
Regards

--