[ct-user] MERGE error checking

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] MERGE error checking
From: Doug Brandon <dab@home.com> (Doug Brandon)
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 20:18:30 -0700
If the MERGE utility is ever worked on again, it would be nice to add some
basic error checking to see if the BIN files being merged are really BIN
files.  Currently, you can take any two files (ie: JPG, DOC, etc), rename
them to .BIN and MERGE happily merges them without giving any sort of
error.  I ran into problems when somebody tried to email me some merged
DXpedition logs, but one of the logs that was merged was corrupt and the
person had no idea he was sending me a bad BIN file.

    73 de Doug, N6RT