[ct-user] Trouble with FD network

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Trouble with FD network
From: William R Liporace NA2NA <kb2hun@wizvax.net> (William R Liporace NA2NA)
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 04:53:29 -0400 (EDT)
I think we were seeing the same thing with 9.49 @ our site and we were
using CAT5 wiring with nettsr. I had to leave about an hour into fieldday,
I am headed there shortly again.

On Sat, 24 Jun 2000 Potbellyc@aol.com wrote:

#
#Had trouble with the software today. (9.50.001)  We used it 2 weeks ago for
#the VHF contest with no problems at all.  Today, we used fiber modems, with
#only 2 connectors(not full handshaking), and this had worked OK last year
#with 9.4x... However, today, when we typed in a call, but didn't yet move
#fields (or hadn't typed in the full call yet) and two contacts were logged by
#other stations on the network, the call(or partial call) disappeared.
#
#No two stations have the same ID, the multi.cfg is identical, the latest
#fd.dat and sec.dat are on all machines.  We found this happened with ANY two
#machines connected.
#
#Any suggestions?
#   73,
#   Joe WB2VVS
#
#--
#WWW:                      http://www.k1ea.com/
#Submissions:              ct-user@contesting.com
#Administrative requests:  ct-user-REQUEST@contesting.com
#Problems:                 owner-ct-user@contesting.com
#
#

William Liporace NA2NA           na2na@wizvax.net
763 Huntingdon Drive             NA2NA @ K2TR (yccc packet cluster)
Niskayuna, NY 12309              wliporace@qualityfoodmngt.com
518-346-3804 home                518-786-8656 x321 work