[ct-user] DVP not working on playback

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] DVP not working on playback
From: Robert Shohet" <kq2m@mags.net (Robert Shohet)
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 17:10:37 -0400
Can anyone help me fix this DVP problem?  This is a new DVP, just installed
Sunday 10/1/00.  I was using it with a 486 computer with Digiboard and CT
Ver 9.27 (an old version that works with digiboard).

The digiboard works fine to control my FT1000MP and networks properly with
the other FT1000MP and a 386 computer also running CT Ver 9.27.

Originally installed (in Sunday) in Computer A (486 digiboard computer) it
worked fine on record and playback.  Then it was installed in Computer B.
This is a description of the problem originally ONLY found in Computer B -
the 386:

Regarding the DVP....  The DVP in computer B would not playback.  It would
record fine and the little line in the red box would continually rotate on
record but
when playback was pressed the DVP would go "beep" and the line in the little
blue box would rotate only one "mark" and nothing would playback.  Pressing
F1 again would cause it to  - maybe -  rotate one mark, with a "beep" but
with no audio,
and the radio was not being keyed.

 When I reinstalled it in Computer A (the digi computer with the funky
video -) the same thing happened.  The DVP worked FINE in it yesterday but
NOT today.

Now I have the same problem in  BOTH computers, the DVP appears to recorde
but does not playback.  On record, the line in the Red box rotates properly
but on playback, the line in the Blue box rotates maybe one "click" and
beeps but no audio comes out.

In addition, occasionally, when I press Shift F1 to record, I get a screen
full of gibberish that would keep
scrolling gibberish until I rebooted.

 I tried to record individual letters and prefixes also.  The DVP would
"count up" and display some numeric stuff.  That seemed to work, but again,
playback was a "beep", rotating one "click" in the (left) blue box, and then
nothing.

 What is going on here?  Can anyone help me fix this?  I have a feeling that
it is something simple but I have no idea what will make it work.

73

Bob KQ2M