[ct-user] CT 9.44 w/ FT-920

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT 9.44 w/ FT-920
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu> (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 21:15:57 -0400
When you loaded the COMTSR it should have printed the settings.  Did they
make sense?

I don't understand how COM4 could be 3E0 - the standard ports are:

         COM1    3F8
         COM2    2F8
         COM3    3E8
         COM4    2E8

The 4-port card will only provide a single COM port to CT, since the is
only a single interrupt line.  CT would need a special driver to be able to
recognize the other ports on the card, and no such driver exists.

Try using COM1, COM2 (standard ports) and COM3 (from the 4-port board)
using the standard addresses, with COMTSR3 loaded for IRQ7.

You will not be able to get more than those 3 ports with your configuration.

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
http://www.ad1c.com