[ct-user] Re drsi and ct

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Re drsi and ct
From: Richard & Martha Wilder <wilder@abs.net> (Richard & Martha Wilder)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 11:57:17 -0500 (EST)
Craig it looks like you're doing everything correctly.
I'll give you full, and excessive, details of my use of DRSI.

First, I open with a batch file GO.BAT:
  C:\DRSI\TNCTSR-S.EXE       <---note path and optional EXE
  CD C:\CT\CT9
  COMTSR1 -B4800      for network. TNCTSR is before COMTSR
  COMTSR2 -B1200      for ICOM radio
  CT944 CQ00PH -VGA    (944 works so good, I haven't upgraded)
  COMTSR2 -U
  COMTSR1 -U
  C:\DRSI\TNCTSR-S/U   Did you close all TSRs in reverse order
                       from a prior attempt to run the DRSI?

At the MS DOS 6.22 prompt>  GO.BAT  (are you using REAL MS DOS 6.22?)
  Go through CT setups being sure
      TNC is set to DRSI on computer with DRSI board
      TNC is set to REMOTE on network computer(s).
  In call field:
  Alt-T      (I don't use Alt-O at anytime during the contest)
  ESC S 1    (I see  *S1 and message CHANNEL NOT CONNECTED)
  ESC CW3LPL  (space optional after C.  I see *CW3LPL)
  Alt-T     (returns me to call field while see packet sign-on screen)

The manual says that DRSI must be typed in the call field.  I don't
do that but that may have been required in an earlier version.

My first guess is that you need a path to TNCTSR-S.EXE or
to replace TNCTSR-S.EXE that may be messed up.
A Second guess is to try other versions of CT.
Also, I wonder if your memory manager is configured correctly?
(I've used DOS memory manager and QEMM with no hitches.)

Good luck, 73, Dick Wilder, K3DI

  Dick's lifetime address is k3di@arrl.net