[ct-user] MFJ tnc problem

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] MFJ tnc problem
From: Brian McGinness <n3oc@wirelessinc.com> (Brian McGinness)
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 23:10:50 +0000
I have also seen some newer laptops that do not make their hardware
available to DOS unless you go into it's configuration or cmos and
tell it to make it available to DOS.

It sounds like you have set up everything correctly.  I have an FT1000D
also.  Does the CAT light ever blink on it?  If not, the radio is not
receiving it's poll from CT.

There are thousands of us with our rigs connected to CT.  The software
works fine.  I would suggest you try it on a desktop PC if you can,
just to make sure the rig and CAT interface are ok, then look more
closely at the laptops serial port under DOS...

good luck

Brian, N3OC