[ct-user] Control of FT-100 with CT

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Control of FT-100 with CT
From: Gary Yantis" <gyantis@midtec.com (Gary Yantis)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 16:19:14 -0700
Has anyone been successful in fully controlling the Yaesu FT-100 with CT?
The closest I can come to doing so is with a (com1) tsr of
comtsr1 -p1 -b4800 -n82 and selecting FT-1000 as the radio.  Actually it
doesn't seem to care if I use n81 or n82 (that's surprising) but it
definitely wants the radio to be FT-1000 and not the FT-1000MP.  When I
select FT-1000MP the bands are wrong and the operation is erratic.  I tried
other Yaesu radios in the CT list to no avail.  When I select FT-1000 I can
correctly switch bands from the computer to the radio but not from the radio
to the computer.  Nor does Ctrl F1/F2 have any effect on the mode.  I'm
thinking the "band information" pigtail cable from the FT-100 is not a true
RS-232 port and only has one-way (band) information available.  The
instruction manual shows it as a band information cable for a Yaesu linear
amplifier.  Perhaps band switching from the computer to the radio is all I'm
going to get (that's the important part so I can live with it) but, if
anyone has figured out more, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Sorry for the bandwidth if this has been answered in the past but I don't
remember seeing it.  Thanks in advance for any advice given.

73
Gary, WØTM
gary@WØTM.com
@9,000 feet 20 miles West of Vail, Colorado
Please visit my Web site www.W0TM.com to view
pictures of my station and the mountains of Colorado