[ct-user] CQWW Cabrillo Format

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CQWW Cabrillo Format
From: Mike Gilmer - N2MG <n2mg@contesting.com> (Mike Gilmer - N2MG)
Date: 1 Dec 2000 11:52:17 -0800
On Fri, 01 December 2000, "KEN SILVERMAN" wrote:

> 2)  When CT generates the Cabrillo file K2KW.TXT, does it overwrite old
> versions of the file?  If so, I guess that after generating the Cabrillo
> file I would need to rename it to prevent overwriting, assuming I want to
> retain a copy of the submitted file?

I know the sponsors want filenames using your callsign (such as
<yourcall>.LOG), but I'd prefer that I do this renaming myself.  IOW, I'd like
the .TXT file to be named as all the other files that "WRITELOG" creates: the
same as my bin file with different extensions.  It sure would make it easier to
find it and include it in the big copy/moves I always do after the contest is
over so I don't have over-writing problems.

Besides, since the ".TXT" extension is wrong for ARRL, I'll have to rename it
anyway (unless Cabrillo is "fixed" before then).  AND, there seems to already
be a ".LOG" file created by "WRITELOG" - I wonder if guys will get tripped by
this at ARRL time?

BTW, the CQWW rules page does not specify the extension for Cabrillo (maybe I
missed it) so I guess they don't care.

73 Mike N2MG

http://www.peoplepc.com