[ct-user] Linking Laptops

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Linking Laptops
From: Zoli Pitman HA1AG" <ha1ag@compuserve.com (Zoli Pitman HA1AG)
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 18:10:16 +0200
> On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 03:10:15 +0100, Roger Huntley wrote:
>
> do not fully understand how you link 4-5 laptops together while running
> CT.  The manual discusses connecting two but if each laptop only has one
> serial port how do you connect multiple laptops together?

You have two options:

1, Use serial cables and the LOOP configuration. You can find the
description on the CT homepage.

2, Use PCMCIA Ethernet cards and K1TTT's network driver. It's very neat and
works robust. However you may find it difficult to get DOS drivers for the
latest devices.  I used both the Xircom 10/100 cards and the 3COM 10 Mb
card. They were OK.

DL6RAI has a very nice writeup of the NETTSR driver and it's setup with
different network adatpers. You can find it at www.Bavarian-Contest-Club.de

73 de Zoli HA1AG