[ct-user] Radio Control Problem Possible Solution

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Radio Control Problem Possible Solution
From: wb6tza@socal.rr.com (wb6tza@socal.rr.com)
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 09:30:38 -0700
Hi Bob

You said you did a CPU reset... try a master reset.. dump all the memories,
etc... even tho thats not supposed to be necessary, I had to do it to two
of seven MPs we took to XZ1N... and that was after checking them out before
leaving... they went into the box and arrived with their eyes crossed.  (I
am not near my book, so I don't have the three finger salute reset command
for you... its deep in the book.)   when the radio comes back after the
reset, it should have nothing in the memories, and I think it comes up on
14.000000 MHz.  I suggest doing the reset with the serial interface cable
disconnected from the MP..

and of course, when there is some kind of comm, the CAT light should blink
slowly.

As far as whats changed...  if the master reset fixes it..  it may well
have been a spike coupled in from the outside world, or just the wrong day
of the week.   and Two at once??? Yep, I believe it, especially if they
both sit in place hooked up as you intend to use them..  a bang on one is
likely to get coupled to the other.... Leastways Murphy says it does.  And,
in the worst case, you lost the serial interface chips in the MP... or, if
they really do behave with a different computer driving them, the serial
chips in the PCs you have hooked up default may have taken the brunt of the
bang.

of course, don't forget to re-initialize the programs' settings for com
port and speed just in case.... thats why I have a batch file to load and
unload comtsr, and it has all the command line switches set for the MP...
so it tries to start out right anyway.

Good luck

Robin WA6CDR