[ct-user] Ethernet Problem

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Ethernet Problem
From: kq2m@mags.net (Robert Shohet)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 19:46:54 -0400
Hi Dennis,

To add further information, both stack matches had numerous blown diodes and
one
> had several vaporized traces on the PC board, and a 12V 35Amp power supply
> connected to them was putting out a hefty 26 volts! (probably regulator
> failure).

There is no doubt - you had at least one nearby lightning strike.  Either a
direct strike or something came in via the telephone, cable or power lines.

I have had a lot of damage here in the past two weeks from lightning -
direct and indirect - I am rapidly becoming an expert on the subject.   ;-(

GL!

73

Bob KQ2M