[ct-user] BUGS / QUESTION

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] BUGS / QUESTION
From: ct-user-owner@contesting.com (ct-user-owner)
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 08:23:54 -0700
At 08:11 PM 9/4/2001 -0700, you wrote:

>THE GAB WINDOW IS TO SEND SOMEONE A CONTACT, IT IS VERY CUMBERSOME FOR SOME
>ONE TO WALK AWAY TO GET A DRINK COME BACK AND THERE'S NO GAB WINDOW UP WITH
>A MESSAGE SO AND SO IN LOOKING FOR YOU ON THIS FREQ, IN A NEW GRID
>IT USE TO STAY UP UNTIL THE USER HIT ALT I TO REMOVE IT

Use the pass window.  That will stay up and will even timestamp the pass.  For
some reason, it is difficult to convince people to use the pass window, but it
is there for that purpose!

>YES IT IS A PROBLEM WITH THE ROVERS, THERE SHOULD BE A WAY TO SHOW ALL THE
>TIMES YOU HAVE WORKED THE ROVER IN ALL THE GRIDS HE HAS BEEN IN ON ALL THE
>BANDS. IT WILL ONLY SHOW YOU THE BAND YOU ARE ON

We (W2SZ/1) have contacted Ken several times about this issue.  We have a
problem with this too and we have tried several solutions, including logging
the calls as W1ABC/FN42