[ct-user] Let's talk about CT networking

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Let's talk about CT networking
From: ciprians@fx.ro (Ciprian Sufitchi)
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 19:27:07 +0200
Hello everybody.

I am new on this list and I am sure that this subject has been already
discussed, but I need to teach me somebody how to do in the best way a
small CT network via TNCs.
I tested two computers conencted via TNC following instructions of
www.k1ea.com site, but I am not satisfied.
I don't know where from come problems, but I am trying to understand.
Both computers were running Windows 98 OS and CTs were started in a DOS
window. COMTSRs were OK, TNCs OK, connection OK, transparent mode. I've
got a proper TNC connection between CTs and when a QSO was made by "1",
appeared on "2"s log.

The main question is:
Let's suppose the connection is broken, not because of radio, but one
computer crashes. The second node is not informed, of course. I reboot
the broken computer, I start all application required etc. Now I want to
connect to the alive computer to restore the link and the database,
without needing to exit from CT and enter again, because this is time
consumption.
How to do this?
Other questions:
- networking is available only for multi-multi?
- from setup screens, stations must select *different* numbers, or the
same?
- how many stations may be connected in a TNC network at the same time?

Thanks for attention and see you in the contest!

73s de Ciprian YO3FWC