[ct-user] CT with Windows XP, NT or Win2000

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT with Windows XP, NT or Win2000
From: n3oc@wirelessinc.com (Brian McGinness)
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 16:04:28 +0000
Not sure about other DOS programs, but CT did run flawlessly with
Windows ME booted to a command prompt, with DOS network card enabler,
DOS packet driver, the NETTSR, and rig control on COM1.

The only hassle with ME and CT is getting it to the command prompt.
They kind of took that out...  If you make the boot floppy and select
"minimal boot" you're in business.  I think you could also modify the
msdos.sys and make bootgui=0 but I am not sure if that works in ME.
In any event, it only takes a moment select minimal boot from the
startup floppy.

My laptop in this configuration ran 48 hours without a glitch.

Win98 is easier to get to a command prompt, but ME does work with CT!

73, Brian N3OC