[ct-user] LOOP feature - How To?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] LOOP feature - How To?
From: ciprians@fx.ro (Ciprian Sufitchi)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:02:45 +0200
Excuse my newbie questions, but there are few days until CQWW/CW...

What is -LOOP feature in CT?

As far as I understand, a computer may use only one COM port to be
connected in network.
So, in my opinion, if I have 3 computers serial connected (A, B and C),
it have to work in this way:
CT-Node A/COM1...........CT-Node B/COM1..........CT-Node C/COM1
COM2, if available, is free on all computers, even Node B.
If I am right, how is used COM1 in Node B? The null-modem cable wires
from A and C are solded on the same pins on COM1, Node B?

In fact, my real application is:

Node A:
COM1 9600b/s CT Network to Node B
COM2 N/A

Node B:
COM1 9600b/s CT Network to Node A
?COM1 9600b/s CT Network to TNC (link 1200b/s to Node C)
COM2 9600b/s serial to an internet computer via HTTPDxCatcher

Node C:
COM1 9600b/s CT Network to TNC (link 1200b/s to Node B)
COM2 Radio Link to HF Transceiver

I cannot use Ethernet connection (no cards available) and distance
between B and C is too long for RS-232. TNC is a must.

73s de Ciprian YO3FWC