[ct-user] Problem with CT-9

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Problem with CT-9
From: altdx@worldnet.att.net (Dr. John Harden)
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 09:36:12 -0500
Dear All,

I have a 700 MHz AMD machine with a built-in serial port that I have
configured as COM 1, IRQ 4, 03F8. It is the keyer port for several programs
and it works fine as such with all of the programs.

The board has two PCI slots, and I have two PCI dual serial port cards in
them. It recognizes them as COM 5, 6, 7, & 8.

Windows Millenium recognizes them as:

COM 5      IRQ 10      C000

COM 6      IRQ 10      C008

COM 7      IRQ 5        AC00

COM 8      IRQ 5        AC08

None of the addresses or IRQ's can be changed.

Using DXBase 2002 COM5 works fine with the TNC, and COM 7 works fine with
the radio (OMNI VI).

However, when using the latest version of CT, COM 5 recognizes the TNC, but
does not recognize the radio (on COM 7)
configured as address 04 (IC-735).

I am using the TSR's downloaded from K1EA's web site. The tsr's work FB up
through COM 6. When I try COM7 it comes up as COM5!! When I try COM 8 it
comes up as COM3!!

Does anyone have any ideas? Do the TSR's for COM 7 and COM8 need to be
rewritten?

73,

John, W4NU
Atlanta