[ct-user] CTWin / XP Question

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CTWin / XP Question
From: w2xx@cloud9.net (J.P. Kleinhaus)
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 14:17:22 -0500
OK, well the fact is the kernels are identical between
XP (home) and XP-Pro.  With this release, Microsoft
killed the old Win9x/ME kernel completely.  There are
some different registry settings with regards to being
able to exist in a domain environment (XP Home can't)
and some other differences in the code as well, but I
don't think they have anything to do with accessing hardware.
Yes, that was the case with NT in the past (NT4, Win2K)
and might be the same with XP...but the flavor of XP
isn't going to make a difference.

J.P. W2XX

PS. I'm in the industry as well, being the IT Director
for a financial services software company.