[ct-user] Ver 970 problems

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Ver 970 problems
From: wc4h@itis.net (Carl - WC4H)
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 02:26:48 -0500
Hello all.

Since 970 does not yet allow CW on Windows XP, I used a Windows 98 hard
drive with a 1 Gz AMD processor.  To my surpprise, the CW being sent by
CTWin was defective.  My call (WC4H) would come out as WC4EE or OC4H as well
as other combinations.

I then switched to CT 9.70 DOS version.  That's what I have been using for
the CQ 160 contest. It ran better it still had some errors of the type
mentioned above.  The PC has 256 MB Ram and I took out almost all the
programs from the drive.  It's only use is for contests with CT!

Is a 1Gz processor throwing CT off? Is it too fast? Does anybody have any
inkling?

TIA & 73
Carl, WC4H